Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Better the second time around.

I made chili on Sunday night but it didn't turn out like it normally did - probably because I forgot some of the ingredients at the store - but it still turned out okay. So today for lunch I had...you guessed it, leftover chili! My husband is right. Chili is always the best after it's had a chance to sit for a couple of days. Needless to say I had a good lunch!

As a side note, let me tell you a funny story about Savannah. The night we had chili she was bound and determined it was hot immediately after she took her bite. Let me explain though. The chili was cooled off to room temperature and she has always eaten our chili previous to this and has never complained. She is constantly sticking her fingers in salsa and hot sauce at the restaurant and eating it plain. So this I don't get. Our chili is not spicy, not as spicy as we could enjoy it. We make it mild just for the sake of Boo's and Jake of course (he used to think think toothpaste and mint gum was hot).

Let me get to the point now. Savannah has been on this kick lately of saying "hot" everytime we serve her dinner. I admit that it usually will need to be blown on and cooled down as I warn her saying the word "hot" so that she doesn't dig right in just in case it's too hot. So she's careful now and says "hot" before she blows on her food and takes a bite. Now the funny part of this story is that when she saw that I had a small glass of eggnog last night, she of course wanted a taste of it (just like she does everything she sees anyone eating outside of the dinner table). So I gave her just a sip. She takes her sip and pulls away from the glass really fast and then looks at me while shaking her head, "Hot!" It was so funny. Eggnog has spices in it and I guess she can taste them and so she thinks they are hot. I thought she would have liked it but she didn't want anymore after that. Funny! I think we have a second Jake on our hands.

No comments: