Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Happy Birthday Dad

Today is my Dad's birthday. He would have turned a young 64 today. On his last birthday here I remember him saying how depressed he was and that he spent the whole day waiting for the guy to come and cut his trees in the yard but that he never showed up. I didn't have a gift for him since we were on such a tight budget while I was working part time and nothing was planned for us to celebrate. Since it was a weekday I stopped by after work to give him a hug and a kiss for his present and as I did so, I remember hearing in my head and heart the words spoken as a loud whisper saying "I love you." To this day I couldn't tell if it was his voice or mine.

Dad always hated celebrating his birthday, I think he just didn't like attention drawn to himself, but I know he liked the cake. I think German chocolate was his favorite and for ice cream he loved strawberry. It was always fun finding him gifts though. Dad loved to collect little miniatures or other unique items so it was a challenge to find something he would get a kick out of.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD, I MISS YOU.

No comments: