Tuesday, May 09, 2006

New Additions

Some of the most recent additions to our yard is the picnic table that I got for Mother's Day, a swingset, and Charlie's grill. Now it's really starting to look like a back yard, even without the fence. I've been waiting to get something for Savannah to play with outside and since she just loves the swings, I thought it would be better than some of those other kinds of outdoor toys that don't seem to last.

We are hosting a BBQ for my mom and family for Mother's Day. She usually has all the BBQ's at her house so I thought I'd give her a break and also Charlie can put his new grill to the test. It's much larger than we needed for ourselves, but he really likes the space. I hope we have enough room for everyone since there is no shade in the back for us to sit and visit.

I can't believe how cool it's been for May, but not to last too much longer I'm sure. Again with the Utah desert heat before we know it. I'll just enjoy not having to use the furnace or the central air and enjoy the lower utility bills for now. Either this weekend or next I plan to get a few herbs and vegetables planted in the little spot behind our house in a temporary area. I don't want to dig up the yard too soon until I'm really sure where I want it.

No comments: