Monday, June 26, 2006

Just a lazy Sunday evening...

The smell of peanut butter cookies is torture to my starving belly, or at least it thinks it's starving. I never realized how much I ate before until now. Yes, I'm officially "dieting." Can you believe it? My family doesn't think I'm overweight so I have to remind them that it's important to me to eat better regardless of it. Come to think of it, I would have eaten cookies until my little heart desired no more. I would have also had seconds on dinner and snacks in between each meal today. So here I am, blogging to try to get the scent from my husband's peanut butter cookies out of my mind while it's still fresh in the air. I may be wrong, but I think his desire to make cookies is more of a test than a craving. I'm not sure if they take me serious quite yet.

On a better note we just got a freezer for the basement and attempted to fill it up with two month's worth of meat and bread. It's still got plenty of room and I'm happy to say we took advantage of some good stuff on sale and will not have to worry about it on our next grocery list. It's been our goal to get a freezer for a while and this one just fell in our lap for free. A little cleaning up goes a long way and as soon as we order some replacement shelves, it will look as good as new; well almost new considering how old it is. Glad we waited as long as we did. I'm sure the popsicles will disappear in no time being that they are easy access for the boys during video playing time. Gotta love summer and the endless popsicle sticks that fill the trash, right? Hope you all had a good weekend.

No comments: