Saturday, June 10, 2006

Thoughts.

Been missing my dad lately. Like a little kid I keep telling myself, "It's not fair!" and am heartbroken that I can't see him or take Savannah over to play with him. It's not fair that someone who has a family that loves him has to lose him when there are others out there without already who could have gone just as easily. Our garden didn't quite make it with the frost on Memorial Day weekend, but a few plants survived and our corn is sprouting. Gardening reminds me so much of my dad; pulling the weeds, the feel of dirt in my hands, the sound of the roto tiller, the seeds, the smells. His truck sits in front of my house so empty and alone. Even when we're driving it, it is not full and never will be. I just long to see him during this time of year the most.

No comments: