Sunday, July 02, 2006

All in a week...

A lot has happened this week. To recap, I've been featured on MSN Spaces, lost 5 lbs, and got a raise at work. The bad stuff? Well the car started acting up, our budget is tight this week, I found out I have a cracked tooth (this is why I hate going to the dentist), and things have surfaced as a result of being a mixed family. Let's just say skeletons are out of the closet as we speak. I won't go in details but some if it involves the case of the estranged "so called father" that has been out of my boys' lives almost their whole lives and all of a sudden now that he's out of prison, certain children of mine think he's God and are back to idolizing him all the while concocting a very cocky attitude around the house.

Is it bad that in these times of stress I often entertain the idea of what my life would be like had I never got in a relationship that wouldn't work out? That all this extra stress of having an ex haunt my life through my children wouldn't be happening right now? And the same for getting into another relationship and the stresses of mixed family issues that step relationships bring because of the first relationship I had? Yes, life would be easier, but I'd be alone.

Sometimes when stress occurs I just want to run away and be alone thinking it will make things simpler. It doesn't. The problems won 't really go away, they'll be back to haunt me again. So I have learned to take life one day at a time and not overwhelm myself with the stress. This way it is easier to bear and I will be over the hump before I know it. This too shall pass.

No comments: