Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Kids, kids, kids.

Michael gets his senior pictures taken today...I can't believe it. Even the sound of the word senior sounds so prestigious and I never thought it would be so soon to hear it. I can't wait to see them. I've been waiting for the day to come to see him wearing a cap and gown. If all goes well, I will see it in person next May too! As you know, and those of you that don't, Michael's been driving a little over 3 months now. I think the thrill of having his own car has gotten to his head though. At least up until last Friday. He officially had his first speeding ticket and now is realizing that driving fast isn't as fun as he thought. Oh well, you live, you learn.

Jacob just signed up for the fall tackle football league through the local recreation center along with his best friend. Their first practice is tonight. They have also been weight training three days a week with a professional weight trainer who lives in the neighborhood. I hope the lifting he's done so far will help him get ready for what lies ahead of him!

Savannah has recently decided that there isn't such a thing as potty training. Nope, not even a little. Of course this is after I decided to no longer buy diapers and have bought what I thought would be a few weeks worth of Pull Ups. She has also mastered the words "chocolate milk," "band aid," and "honey." Yep, caught her drinking from the honey bottle yesterday. Time to move it to a different cupboard. We took her swimming Saturday and she was so excited that as we pulled in the parking lot, she shouted, "Wimming! Wimming! Swimsuit!" The kiddie pools were cool, but it's like being in a shower and she hates anything that gets in her eyes so we didn't spend too much time there. I've been really bad about taking photos lately. I don't know what the deal is. I usually can't get enough picture taking. I don't think I've picked up my camera since the baby bird pic. That's pretty sad.

Speaking of our baby birds, Savannah doesn't understand why they aren't in their nest any longer. She doesn't know what "all grown up" means and keeps asking us to take down the planter to let her see them. So we just have to tell her they went bye bye. Kids, you gotta love 'em.

No comments: