Sunday, September 10, 2006

Go Joe!

Michael is going to enlist early in the Army. When I tell people this, they freak out. He has been dreaming of being in the Army since he was 10 years old, and as he was making his decision to call the recruiter, I reminded him of that. He was too nervous to accept but on the other hand really wanted it. So he decided to go for it. And now that the time has finally come, he is nervous about it, but even more he is excited. If he gets accepted, he won't be able to do anything for another year, so that is a relief for me. Until then, I will savor the time before he leaves.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found you! I haven't been around much-to busy to blog and when I am on it is soooo slow. How do you like your new site?
~Missy

Jamie said...

I think it is very admirable that your son has decided to join the military. And good for you for being so supportive and encouraging.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! My son is deciding if that's something he wants to do. I've got different recruiters calling at least once a day if not twice. He's just not sure what he wants. I wish him well (I know he's not leaving yet - but u know what I mean).

Take care,
Christina

Becca said...

I am proud of you as a mom, and proud of your son. I hope that he is making the right decision for him and his decision to defend our country. God Bless him!

Becca

meg said...

You are great mom to support his decision, & he's a great guy for being willing to take on the challenge. My oldest really wanted to go into the Air Force or Navy, but because of his medical history (severe asthma) he wasn't accepted. As a mom, I was both proud of him (this was Sept 2001 when he turned 18) for wanting to serve, & relieved that my gentle baby wouldn't be in harms way.