Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat!

Nothing like tons of work to take away a Christmas spirit eh? I'm thinking I should have asked for more time off so I could forget about it all until later, but then I'd be more depressed, right? I admit I get depressed after Christmas is over. It's not good in that it usually happens that evening. I think it's a chemical thing cause it happens like clock work. Reminds me of baby blues. All that excitement building up and then all surprises opened in only minutes. Of course with a baby though, you keep getting surprised, that's for sure. Savannah opened one of her gifts already and saw that it was in one of her old shoe boxes and when I asked her about it se told me, "eh. My Dora boots." So close call cause she didn't open it any further than that.

Well, I think I'm ready! We plan to have my sister and brother and their families over for dinner. I have never had a Christmas dinner other than just my immediate family and so I'm excited to have a house full. Normally we've done the traditional ham but this year we had bought a large turkey during the Thanksgiving sales and the idea from the movie A Christmas Story has been really rubbed off on me. Now whether or not we have a glass of wine after opening presents, who knows. Maybe champagne would be better?

Speaking of food, I haven't been faithful to my diet as of late. I've not attended a meeting for a couple of weeks nor have I weighed in. I guess I will really regret all those extra nuts and cookies and goodies I've been sneaking here and there when I finally do weigh in. Yikes! But hey, I look at it like this. I am still watching what I am eating. I mean last year I ate at least three times what I've eaten now in goodies. So I still have to pat myself on the back.

Have a Merry Christmas everybody!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I have your e-mail address? Most of the products show the prices once you click on them. what is the name of your former Mary Kay foundation. I have a conversion chart and I would be willing to send you samples. <3 Nina

Becca said...

Christmas is about the goodies. I am so not worrying about it right now, just enjoying it!
Hugs,
Becca

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too! I hope you get the chance to relax a little. I so know what you mean about all the goodies. Everyday, a rep brings in something new. ay ay ay! lol

Peace,
Christina

Jamie said...

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and that 2007 brings you all good things:o)

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! It looks like your having a wonderful time. ENJOY!~ Missy