Monday, December 04, 2006

Have yourself a merry little Christmas...

and if not, think of one that was better. You'll be surprised what it does to your mood!

Every time I see a cute holiday decoration or hear an old time holiday carol I think to myself of how I just want to go home and bake cookies. Now truth be told that if I were really to leave work early that's the last thing I'd do. But obviously the sights and sounds of Christmas bring lovely memories of Christmases past that create distractions and less productivity at work. That is why I love this time of year for that, not because it's a holiday and permission to mess around at work, but because it reminds me of being young, innocent, and always so full of hope. And even though I find such relish from each moment of reminiscing, I am reminded of what I have today; the making of new traditions, thoughts of the nice little surprises to come to those I love, and a fresh beginning with the start of a new year. Isn't it heartwarming how thought provoking Christmas can be and can change our attitude? It seems to make things alright at the end of a what has been a long year for us. I never realized this until now how true the song is that goes,

"Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Let your heart be light
From now on,
our troubles will be out of sight"

"Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Make the Yule-tide gay,
From now on,
our troubles will be miles away."

If only for a while, Christmas takes all the worries away, doesn't it?

4 comments:

Becca said...

I love this message today.

God Bless!

Becca

meg said...

No matter what did or didn't happen before, each year brings fresh hope, reminders that they won't remember how clean the house was, how neatly the package what wrapped, or the flavor of the cookies- just that we were together.

Anonymous said...

you have a positive attitude about Christmas. I am trying to capture the magic of Christmas it gets harder every year. But Music is the best way to recapture the magic of Christmas. Monica

Anonymous said...

Yes it does! The best part is watching how excited the children are. From putting up the Christmas tree to the shopping to Xmas Eve and hopes of Santa coming soon to the actual opening of the presents, their excitement is non-stop. Their eyes wide and shiny with happiness ... makes it all worthwhile.

Have a good weekend a little early! lol
Christina