Thursday, April 26, 2007

We went to "I-Der-Ho"

So this last weekend we went to my brother's in Idaho this weekend for a quick visit. Savannah was so funny, the night we were packing she put her backpack on and was waiting for me at the door saying, "Come on Mommy, let's go." I had to tell her that we weren't leaving until the morning. We had fun but the trip was a bit too quick. It seemed like we didn't get to really see Marty as much as we drove. I hope that maybe we could go out there or have him come out here for Independence Day, especially out there if they have better fireworks than Utah does.

We visited Bear World, I didn't want to at first because the weather was so cold and wet, but I'm glad I did. I can't believe how many bears they had and never knew that bears could climb and sit in trees! I want to go back when the weather is good and we can all see it since Charlie didn't go as he was asked by our church to be involved in a Praise & Worship for the homeless at the shelter in Salt Lake. After we came back Savannah was so excited to see her Daddy, yelling, "Daddy! Daddy!" Monday night as I was getting her ready for bed she bluntly stated out of the blue, "I want to go to Marty's." It was so cute! Thanks Marty for having us stay!

Jacob and Savannah in front of the Yellowstone Bear World...

Got a good photo after getting lost off the exit in Idaho on the way to Marty's house though!

On the way home we also visited with my sisters, it was a lot of fun. I hope our family can get together soon. We didn't have a reunion last year, but maybe, just maybe we can get together sometime this year all at the same time and call it one. Mom could get her family photo finally done too.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

How long of a drive is that? How did Savannah do in the car? Anything over 30 minutes and my daughter is dying to get out. I'm dreading our drive to PA next month! Glad you had a good visit with family!

meg said...

Since I'm not fond of car trips (bad flashback memories of my first marriage- driving thru Yellowstone, driving past Mt Rushmore- 10 days of only stopping to eat, sleep, & pee) I have a travel rule: we have to stay some place at least twice as long as it takes to get there & home again.
Glad you all were able to get away for time with family- did you take the new car?

Becca said...

It sounds like you had a fantastic time. How was the new car?

Hugs!