Thursday, May 10, 2007

How cool is that?

I just love it! Charlie's job is giving the whole family free tickets to see the Pirates of the Caribbean III this month. Not just to us either, to all of their employees. At first I thought, "Big deal. I don't want to fight the crowd," but it's private so no worries. How cool is that? I guess I get overly excited about this stuff being that I work for the government and we aren't allowed to get any kickbacks other than great health insurance. Heh, they're even taking our pensions away.

And how cool is it that my sister from Seattle will be here tomorrow? My mom is flying her in for her Mother's Day present to herself. Now how can I compete with that? BTW, what do you get a mom for Mother's Day that has everything she needs? I'll come up with something though. I always do. My other sister is having a Cinco De Mayo/Mother's Day theme BBQ at her new house on Sunday so that sounds like a lot of fun.

Jacob is working hard to finish his year of 9th grade. He gets to go to Lagoon on Friday to play all day...fun! He has also been applying for jobs at the local pet stores and is zealous to find something that will help him in the field of work he has a goal to get a degree in. Can you picture my Jacob all grown up working as a Veterinarian?

Savannah is growing too fast. I wish I could pause and freeze time sometimes. My little girl. I cherish every moment I get with her. She now has learned to ride her three wheeled tricycle and is getting pretty darn good at it. She said her first prayer last night too, it was so cute! She's been able to complete her floor puzzle that she wasn't able to do before and I was so surprised! She did such a good job, she's even helped me with my Tigger puzzle and amazed me at all the pieces she fit together (not including the one she chewed).

Well have a happy Mother's Day everyone!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny, I was just cruising through my old MSN account and was thinking about you! So sorry I haven't been over for a visit but have enjoyed my catch-up.

I hear you on Savannah. I feel the same about Haddie. They are just so darn cute and fun these days, especailly when I look at all the problems my neighbors are having with their teenagers.

Hang in there with Michael. One can only hope they'll grow up eventually and will do it together. My brother was the opposite. He was a complete bad-ass and found a nice girl to marry. It m akes alllll the difference!

Anonymous said...

That is too cool that you get to see a private screening of the Pirates movie. I am awaiting that release date anxiously. lol That is super news about Jacob. He knows what he wants to do which is great. You have a good weekend, enjoy the visit with your family and have a fantastic Mother's Day! :)

meg said...

Score on the tickets- that will be a great time.
Have a great time with your family- I'm on my own (more or less) for Mother's Day. I have the same problem with my Mother- I gave up & send her an e-card (she's into "Reduce & Simplify")
You sound like me- I keep saying to myself "Two out of three isn't bad" The saving grace is your son & my daughter didn't somehow manage to find each other- I think that would signal the beginning of Armageddon :P