Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Why I love Columbus Day...

Ahhh a day off when no one else has one it seems. Not many people get Columbus Day off, not even the schools take it off so it's always been one of my favorite days. I loved having the day off yesterday even if I did have to spend part of it running errands that I couldn't do after work or on the weekends. After taking Jake to the dentist and the dog to the vet, my mom and I went shopping. It was a lot of fun I must say and I found some really cute clothes. (I must mention that this probably has to do with losing weight that actually makes it fun to shop for them again.) It seems every year she and I go as we used to have the day off together when we both worked for the government but now that she's retired we've continued the tradition. I think it's more so a good way for her and I to spend time together and sort of celebrate my birthday which is usually a few days around Columbus Day. Sometimes my actual birthday will land on the holiday which is even a better treat. So we always go shopping and go out to eat and yesterday the weather was just beautiful and made it all the more enjoyful. We went to this new Chinese place in town, it was pretty good for them just starting out. I probably ate more than I needed but I didn't care to worry about it. After all birthdays come but once a year.

Thanks mom, I had a good time!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Sounds like the perfect way to spend a day off. And with your crazy schedule...you certainly deserve it! I hope you have/had a very Happy Birthday!