Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Afternoon thoughts...

I just love spring! The baby buds of green on the trees, birds singing and fluttering in the air, the smell of newly grown foliage all around. And yes the sunshine is great too, however it is going to be a short one. We had a lot of rain this year and now that the few days of sunny spring is gone, it is starting to become summer already. This happens every year so I don't know why I get so bummed. Maybe that is why spring is my favorite, cause it is so short lived and I don't have time to take it for granted.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed at the moment. My boss just told me to come by his office to talk about the telecommuting question I had. I want to be hopeful, but I am not so sure. There are just too many changes going on and to add one more thing for one person (me) would probably be too premature. But this department is always changing, so what's the big deal? When is a good time to ask?

As I was thinking this morning how lovely it would be to sit and work at home with the windows open in the early morning - the birds singing and the fresh air crossing my nose. Not to mention the time I would save not having to get up, get ready, make lunch, get Boo's ready, drive, etc. Cross your fingers and your toes for me would ya?

Am a bit nervous. Don't know why. We have financed and refinanced my mortgage many other times. Why am I so nervous now? We couldn't ask for a better rate or payment and we will be mortgage free within the next 10-15 years. Hopefully closer to 10 if we keep disciplined. I guess I just hate anything that has to do with messing up somewhere I call home.

My next question is do Dandelions ever really die? I sprayed quite a bit of killer on them over the weekend, and yes, $30 later they are keeling over. But I fear they will be back next season soon enough. What happened to my Dandelion-free lawn? Little kids. That's what. I remember how it was - in awe watching as the dozens of seeds would float in the air each time I blew the fluff off the top of the stem. Hey, it was easier than blowing bubbles. Little kids like "easy." It was cool. God has a reason why He created things the way He did doesn't He? :)

No comments: