Sunday, July 12, 2009

All in the Golden Afternoon

Looking at the newly planted foxgloves in 0ur flower bed, The song "All in a Golden Afternoon" from Alice in Wonderland pops in my head. I'm not Alice, but life can sure feels like a Wonderland sometimes with all the hussle and bussle of the craziness this world has. Planting flowers makes me happy. Peaceful. I love digging in God's dirt!

I am so happy to finally have flowers in our front flower bed! This is a big step! I admit at first I was not looking forward to it and also felt overwhelmed with trying to make choices about what to put in there, but it is all a learning experience. No one becomes a gardner overnight. If we decide we don't like it or it dies, there is always another chance to try other things.

Aside from the smell of manure on my hands, I am pretty happy with the turnout! Now just a little plumbing work (note the hose in the back waiting to be fitted and placed for the watering system) and the other side to fill and plant (which is 5 times larger than this side I might add that will also occupy a pond and waterfall in the future) and we'll be all done. Yay!

1 comment:

Yolanda said...

Just this morning I painted a wooden fence to use for something to climb....probably next spring, but I wanted to paint it this morning...my favorite color...purple. Representing "royalty" to God and His Son died for me and you to be considered so....praise His Name!

Lovingly,
Yolanda