Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Green thumbs?

Having a new house has been a challenge. No landscaping whatsoever and because I have the hardest time deciding what to do the more time it takes to get stuff done. Oh and the money factor. Well we have been so blessed this year we are besides ourselves, but we are enjoying the yard work we have accomplished. I feel it is a good way to repay God what he has provided us.

We moved in September 2003 and still have progress to make in and out. We have put in the bushes on the East side in the back, and now also have a bed on the West side. It's hard to tell but there are lilacs and Sharon of Roses in there amongst some perennial flowers. (The bricks as you can see are waiting to be set.)

In the front we have gotten the stones set in the front flower beds, These have been in place but for a couple of years but never permanently until now. Now the fun begins this weekend to pick something to plant! Anyone have suggestions of something pretty that will thrive mostly in shade?
Next we will be pouring cement to add to the pad we already have to make room for our future deck. Our goal is for next year and to make it big enough for a hot tub (we found used ones that are pretty reasonable) and our grill and a small patio set.

For the winter project I have asked for ceramic tile throughout my kitchen. I love tile, it is so smooth and cold on my feet!

Well that about sums up our home improvement in a year. I've been trying to keep up on each project, but am never sure if I catch them all!

No comments: