Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Thanksgiving was a lot of fun however I ate way too much and drank a bit too much wine, but we had a blast!

I always love having it at mom's as it reminds me of when I was a child and we all gathered there every year. We followed the brine recipe my sister had linked on her blog, little did she know it...as well as the sweet potato recipe she shared with me a couple years or so ago. Yep, I guess we'll take the credit since we did do the work. After the fun is gone and the food coma has worn off, I admit I realize just how much work Thanksgiving is. I wonder what it was like before there were ovens and turkey timers and all that neat stuff we get to use now. I commend those from days past and am humbled by my laziness and ease to complain.

I am thankful for all that I have, can share, and for those that will allow me to love them. For I do not know where I will be come the next one. By the sounds of it you all too had a happy Thanksgiving. How can you go wrong with food, friends, and family?

1 comment:

bitterkat said...

Oh, it all sounds delicious and I'm glad you tried my brined turkey recipe. How'd you like it? I've tweaked the recipe a little bit (as you probably saw on my blog).