Sunday, February 14, 2010

Be Mine Valentine


It was a great Valentine morning. Savannah, Charlie and I were all cuddled up this morning talking about the gifts that were left for us in the kitchen for Valentine's Day. It is nice to have a day like this to splurge on buying each other unnecessary teddy bears and chocolates. While its not so much what we got (although I've always wanted a chocolate rose!) or that we got something for someone else, its that we have someone to give our love to. Even though every day we tell each other we love each other there are those days that you don't feel it or take the time to really show it.

On marriage:
Yes, I was warned my husband would not be easy to live with, he told me so himself. At the turn of our 7th year I am reminded that we have endured a lot together. It's easy to take each other for granted sometimes. So it is a continued work in progress he and I both agree, but as long as we keep on giving to each other we will be fine. In fact this was advice given to us by my grandma the fall before she passed away, so how can it not be true? As far as being away from each other here in the near future, it will be hard...but I know its for our future and will financially set us free when we abound into the unknowns of what is to come after the job ends for good.

On kids:
As a mom, kids can really acquire a lot of your time spent at home, in fact 99.99% of it and at night when you finally do get to be alone with your husband, well let's just say there isn't much energy to spare. As far as the joy and love and laughter Savannah brings to our lives, it is priceless. I know we will have our alone time in the end, too much of it probably...just kidding!

Today I want to express how much I love my family at home and outside of my home. I am so happy to have them even when they are not happy with me. And even in the hard times, frustration and differences of opinion, we'll still love each other at the end of the day.

No comments: