Saturday, March 13, 2010

California part 4...

Sunday we met up with my cousin Loretta who lives in California…we met at a mall and McDonald’s in Lakewood near Buena Parkand let the kids run wild while we visited and got to know a little more about each other. I don’t think I’ve seen her since I was a teen and a lot has happened since then! Her kids are just as cute as they are on Facebook. Savannah and Marley really enjoyed playing together. We didn’t get to meet her husband unfortunately but she will be in our neighborhood this summer so we’ll have to go see her again. I was bummed when I realized that I totally forgot to get a picture of her and I together but I did get some of the kids.
Here is Savannah and Marley playing in the mall...it was hard to get them to look at me at the same time for the pose.

We departed and drove to Buena Park that afternoon to dine at Medieval Times, a restaurant themed around sword fighting and jousting. As we waited we looked around at all the souvenirs you can buy, the horses waiting in the stalls (yes they were inside) and visited the bar. We got a 32 oz beer stein that I swear does not hold that much beer! But we also drank a couple of them…I think they encourage you to come early not because you'll lose your seat but to be tempted to have one of those full of beer and be so buzzed you will spend more money on souvenirs - and that we did. Savannah picked out a princess hat and spent her whole allowance in one shot!
I think she is happy with her purchase.

On the menu was a half roasted chicken, baked potato, tomato biqsue soup with bread, and a bavarian pastry for desert - only you are to eat it all with your bare hands as they did in those days. While we ate we cheered for the blue knight in our corner of the arena. He would pass out flowers to the girls and each time Savannah anxiously awaited her turn and was bummed he didn't choose her. However at the end she was the lucky one who got the love and beauty ribbon. She was so excited and was about to burst, or at least that is what it looked like on the movie I took. They came by to take her picture and well she had such a cheesy grin of course we bought it for a souvenier. We had tons of fun though and our voices were hoarse the next day from screaming and cheering.

Here is Savannah eating with her hands, this should be normal for her though.
 
The blue knight we cheered for.

As you can guess Charlie really got a kick out of it as he loves this kind of stuff, he was so excited he couldn't wait to get in the door. It was really fun...next time we'll have to try the Pirate themed dinner next door.

No comments: