Monday, September 20, 2010

Company!

Well Mom and Randy came and went. I'm afraid now that they are gone I am feeling more homesick now than I did before they came.We had a good time and I was glad to have them over. I have never been able to accomodate company like this so it was nice.

The weather was quite cool here so much that Mom had to go to the local store and buy some warmer shirts and some socks. I forget how hot it still is in Utah I guess. We did get to sit on the back porch one day and chit chat. She and I shared some sushi and enjoyed each other's company while the guys went out on the hunt for cheese and local meat stores.

We went to the National Railroad Museum where Savannah rode a train with a spider that she'd found after she picked her seat and we were moving. That girl hates spiders! Grandpa Randy got to see the Big Boy up and personal. We arrived a little later than what would entail us to see the exhibit in full so we made note that we will go back next time they are out.

I think my favorite part of their visit was Sunday, the day before they left. We made breakfast then headed to Door County Peninsula. The weather wasn't very warm - only in the 60's compared to Utah's 90 degrees, but it was still a beautiful fall Sunday and was very relaxing. We went to Egg Harbor to see Lake Michigan and well, looks more like the ocean than a lake. We also went to the Door Peninsula Winery and had a few tastes. Mom bought fudge, and well the rest of us got some yummy wine. We ate lunch at a place called the Rusty Tractor where they had a lot of antiques for sell. We finished the day off with an ice cream cone and drove home, then watched Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

I just downloaded my pictures and found that I didn't have one on there of them with us! So I hope when they get home they will post theirs as I know we had some taken together. I miss them more now than ever. I can't wait until the next visit!

Entryway to Egg Harbor
Savannah playing on the play ground.
Beautiful fall colors are springing up everywhere!
Rusty tractor cafe where we ate lunch.
Geese flying overhead at the harbor.
Boat coming into the harbor from the lake. My mind had a mirage that there were mountains on the other side of the water...I had to blink a few times just to be sure.

1 comment:

aubrie said...

I'm glad you could have visitors, it sounds like you had fun! Your pictures are beautiful, I love it when the leaves start to change colors!