Saturday, October 02, 2010

Update on our life here in WI...

Just got out of the hot tub and am totally relaxed. I don't think I've ever sat in a hot tub this early in the evening, we are feeling totally spoiled, but don't ge me wrong, it took a lot and still taking a lot of hard work!

So the house in Utah isn't sold yet and there are still some things we need to take care of, but all in all I am enjoying life here in Wisconsin. I do miss my family and wonder if they will ever get to visit us or when I will get out there to visit them, but my nephew, JJ and his wife and kids are coming out for Thanksgiving. I am excited for this.

We have also set up our small housewarming party. We don't know a lot of people yet, but those that we do we want to have them over to visit. Church has kind of been on hold for a while, Charlie has had to work most weekends and with the move and all we've only been once so far. Savannah loves Wednesday night Blastzone activities and I have signed up for the women's Bible study on Tuesdays so we are working our way slowly into the weekly events.

Speaking of Savannah she went to her first bowling game with the other kids in her school, she loved it - well lets say she loved the socializing and the snacks. I swear she is on a growing spurt lately always so hungry! She is also signed up to start Daisy Girl Scouts next week.We found out that one of the girls from church attends her school so I am happy that she will be able to attend church with some of the girls at school too, so this is something that we didn't get the chance for out in Utah being that everyone is pretty much LDS and all those in the same neighborhood were only those who would end up in both church and school together.

I start a new part time job next week too. It is a long term temp job until April working as a Data Entry clerk. I am excited cause it will be the hours I want and will still be able to take care of Boo's in the morning and continue to take her to school as well as get some stuff done around the house too. No more babysitters! In fact I am signed up for the PTO and am baking and cooking next week for the parent teacher's night. I may even be helping out in the library soon too.

I am keeping positive during this large change. We found that Jake will not be able to stay at his job as permanent as we thought, but we stay hopeful that he will still find something soon. Charlie continues to work hard at work and with his overtime we will do fine, so I really appreciate all he does. Until our house sells we are kind of stretcthing things now that my income from Utah has ended and we are back to a budget, so I am really thankful when he gets the chance to work extra even thought it takes a toll on him.

The fall colors out here are awesome! I guess cause there are millions of trees everywhere. I really need to get my camera and take some pics. I hope you all are excited for the new fall season. HAVE A GREAT DAY!

1 comment:

Rambling Rita said...

That's awesome that JJ can come for Thanksgiving. I really am envious and wish that we could come. We could I guess but don't want to brave the winter driving. The leaves here are beautiful as well but we have to go up higher in the mountains to see all of them. It has still been too hot here in the valley for the leaves to turn.