Monday, November 01, 2010

Halloween

Jake and Savannah carved their pumpkins while we watch Fantastic Four in our theater room. Charlie made his famous pop corn with our new machine and built a real fire in the fire place.


Sunday Savannah and I started off our venture to get treats when we ran into her friend, Lily, who she knows from Girl Scouts. It was good in that we didn’t have to go alone.
The weather was beautiful and we were done by 5:30 – we were too full on munchies to have dinner and bake our Halloween cookies though. I guess we’ll have those tonight.




Savannah’s bucket was overflowing. We got her this bucket when she was a baby and I just insist on her using it ever year, but I think it is time to put it up and get her a real bag.

This morning she asked me “What does November have?” and on our way to school she looked at the neighborhood houses and sighed and said, “I miss Halloween.” It is hard to explain that she doesn’t miss Halloween, it is just the experience of happiness and fun she is missing. Someday she’ll get it though.

Hope you all had a safe night.

No comments: