Saturday, November 13, 2010

Silly Pets Part 1

I just love our pets, even though they are reason for 75% of my cleaning duties. Here is part 1 of the day in a life at our house with our pets...life is just not the same without them...

Our orange tabby, Buddy, is the youngest or our pets and is an outside cat. He meows at the door at the same time each morning to be let in. When you open the door to let the dogs go out to potty, he comes in. Charlie calls it "changing of the guards." When he gets in he'll wander around and scope everything out while meowing really loud to make sure we know he is in the house. After all is fine he eats from the cat dish (depending on what he's hunted and caught the night before - yes I have seen him hunt and eat just like a cat in the wild) and then he chooses to drink water from one of the toilets in the house. (Even though I draw fresh water every morning.) He walks around the house some more meowing, works his way in and out of cupboards in the kitchen and bathrooms (why I don't know and have no idea how he has opened closed doors with knobs - he is crafty) then finds a spot to settle usually on my bed or on the front room furniture, just so long as it is quiet. He bathes himself and then sleeps all day. We don't hear from him again until about dinner time when he wants let outside to hunt again. Just last week I caught him outside attempting to pounce on a squirrel while hiding behind a tree. He was unsuccessful and didn't bother to go up the tree after it. My guess is that he has done this before and either got bit or out ran several times and learned his lesson.
Here is Buddy sleeping behind my sewing machine. Can't get much quieter than that, I don't use it much!
Mr Snoopy!!

No comments: