Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Feast

We had 14 at our house for Thanksgiving. I thouroughly enjoyed it, however I am not sure why I didn't eat much. It was probably due to the anticipation of new company and all that munching on olives and stuffing prior to dinner.

We were able to have a family from our church over and an elderly lady and seat them all at our dining table. We also had my nephew JJ and his family over. Savannah and the little boys had a lot of fun running around the house playing.

A friend I made through Savannah's school mate also came over for pie so if you counted all that together there was 17 total.

I think next year I would like to go to someone's house or just have something smaller. But this year was our first and so I wanted to be sure it was like having my family over. It felt great to be able to help those in need this year as well.
And then there was pie:
The Pecan Pie was the first one gone, then the Cherry.  I admit they were pretty good! I also made Dutch Apple but it seemed to be too sweet and I am not sure I have the touch for making an apple pie of any sort as I have tried several different times with several different recipes. Next year I will have to come up with a new idea I guess. Our guests brought many pumpkin pies as well, but I think I am the only one that really likes pumpkin so they took just as much home as they brought I'm afraid. I did miss my sister's cream pies - that is for sure.

All stuffed and ready to roast.
Charlie brined the bird overnight. We thought we purchased a 15 pound bird but it ended up being closer to 19 when we looked a bit closer. Isn't it funny how the turkey looks appetizing before it is cooked?

No comments: