Sunday, December 16, 2012

Busy but fun weekend!

It has been a busy week and weekend...it didn't help that I started out with the stomach bug that Charlie brought home with him from Boston. It was relentless and I had to miss two and half days of work without pay so I praise God for being blessed with an employer who is kind and generous to their employees giving bonus checks this time of year.
 
Sickness aside, we were still able to enjoy the end of our week with Christmas activities. I got well in time by Thursday afternoon - another praise I might add...and was able to enjoy Savannah's Christmas concert at school that day, watching the girls dance at the Girl Scout Sock Hop and my work Christmas party on Friday night, on Saturday a trip to the Century Ridge assisted living center with the girl scouts for Bingo and cookies, then another night of Christmas movies and songs with gingerbread house decorating. I think my family will be Christmas movie'd out before long since that is all I want to watch.
 
The funnest part was watching the kids at our church put on a play called the Fumbly Bumbly Angels. It was a cute story about angels who did not think they had an important job but then were asked to tell everyone the good news about Jesus' birth. The kids are so fun to watch this time of year. Christmas would not be Christmas without them.
 
I was hoping the rain this weekend would turn to snow - guess I'm dreaming of a white Christmas. I can't believe it is only a week away!
 
Here is Savannah ringing the bell chimes for the song, "Chime In (It's a Season of Bells)"
 
Troop 4109 and their goodies to share with the folks during Bingo at the assisted living center. 
 
Jake and Savannah carefully decorating the gingerbread house 
 
Go tell it on the Mountain! 
 
Savannah as the 1st King presenting gifts. 


1 comment:

riehle mom said...

I love the green ginger bread man. And I would have like to have been there with you guys on Christmas I miss your laugh and i can just hear Charlies laugh as he opened up his movie.