Sunday, August 21, 2005

Lazy Sunday

Just good to be at home and be "lazy" or semi-lazy at least. I know I've still done laundry, cleaned the kitchen and have a bunch of grocery shopping to do, but hey that's mild compared the errands we had to run yesterday. It seems our Saturdays are always filled with stuff that needed to be done during the week, but who wants to run around after work? I think we save up the errands for Saturdays especially since we live so far away from town. The boys needed their hair cut for school starting tomorrow, my car was past due on getting it's oil changed, Charlie needed some sprinkler parts to adjust some heads that were in an area I decided I wanted landscaping, Michael wanted to get some bleach for his hair, and we wanted to go to the vinyl fencing stores and get some quotes on fencing. So by the time we drive in to town, get the errands finished and drive back we've spent a good 4-5 hrs it seems.

But that's our Saturday, so I guess the household chores really get done during the week here and there. When we lived closer to town we did them all on Saturday morning, so I think I've gotten lazy about getting them done on a schedule like that since we've moved out here. So I guess you could say it's more lax but there is more to do than ever with a house vs an apartment. There is always something. It's all worth it though. Nothing like having your own home and not only that, even with kids there is always something needing to be done too. Michael asked me to bleach the tips of his hair after we got back. It turned out okay but I think we needed to leave the stuff on just a bit longer. We also should have bought some toner to help it from getting an orange tint. It's been about 5 years since I did it last, so I didn't remember all that...he's happy with it, that's all that counts.

So here are on a lazy Sunday, I'm still trying to finish my laundry and we are on our way to shop for groceries for two weeks. I know that sounds overwhelming, but hey it beats going next week again and besides, our grocery store sent us an $18 off coupon in the mail if we spend over $160. Now that part of it will be easy. On top of that Charlie has homework to do and the boys are preparing to go back to school (already!? What a short summer it's been). So lazy or not it feels lazy compared to the slave of the work week.

No comments: