Saturday, August 20, 2005

She talks!

So she finally did it! Savannah is officially starting to say her first words. I don't think she is totally aware that she actually said it, but it did come out twice today! "Momma" she said as she was handing me her drink when she was done. "Momma" she said as she was getting my attention to lift her in my arms. I'm finally "Momma" can you believe it? Later on I asked her to say it, she did, but only the one time. I think she knows it's something new so when you ask her to do it on command it's one of those, "No. It has to be earned," things. She used to do the same thing with her ABC song or her dancing. What a little snob, but nonetheless everyone to their own, eh? She is still saying the words ball and bubble and now I've noticed she copies us when we say the word "Otter Pop." Being summer and all she learned that one quick everytime we went to the freezer she would say it. The words aren't really clear yet, but hey for needing to talk 5 months ago, we are finally making some progress so I'm pretty excited.

No comments: