Monday, September 19, 2005

Brrr!

Brrr! It was a cold ride to work this morning, with the window down that is. I've been driving my dad's truck for the last week while my brother is working on the 30,000 mile service on my car. The truck is about 17 years old and it has electric windows and locks that have worn over time and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Well Friday afternoon it was freakin' hot and I was stuck in traffic for about an hour, so instead of running the air conditioning, which by the way works very well - go figure, I just rolled the window down a ways. Well this morning I saw that it was down and was hopeful it would go back up as sometimes there are no problems, but I was wrong. So here I am, state worker on her way to work, rolling down the highway at 65 miles per hour holding my hair in one hand and the steering wheel in the other and the heater is going but not really warming me up other than my feet. You'd think if it's going to be 80 degrees during the day, how could the morning be so cold? No better way to start a Monday morning at work...

No comments: