Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Jen's got a point

So I was reading my sister's blog this morning and thought, "This is so true. And how do you tell someone other than a friend or family member that you gotta go?" Just the other day some people gathered around my cubicle as I was already standing up to leave to go potty and they all started a conversation. Luckily I could sit down to help relieve the pressure, but if I hadn't had that option I would have been in the same boat as Jennifer. I'll bet after you dart away like that, they must think you are psycho and then realize what you were doing when you come back a few minutes later so it wouldn't have been any different if you had made the announcement to them that you had to go anyway. She's right about the blogging too. This is such a good way to share with people about anything you want to and for them to read it on their time if they want to or not.

Quote from Bitterkat

September 13, 2005

sharing...oversharing, and blogging

My poor co-worker. She really needs her own blog. The lady loves to share. The nice thing about a blog is you can share away and if someone actually reads your blog and gets bored they can just quit reading. No one gets their feelings hurt. It's all about the sharing. It's not about the listening.

Take today:
I really had to go to the bathroom so I jumped up out of my chair and was immediately blocked by oversharing co-worker. She had this look on her face that I know really well. It's the look that says "I am so excited and I have to share...I just have to."

So I stopped but kind of started dancing around (gotta go!).

Coworker: "I made a marinade for my chicken that I'm bbq'ing tonight."

Me: "That's great!" then I tried to run past but could see that she wasn't ready to let me through.

Coworker: "It's got all this stuff in it. You'll love it. You have to hear..." and then she named the ingredients one by one counting with her fingers.

"Balsamic vineger""Italian dressing""Olive oil""[some other stuff]""Ketchup""Hot dog mustard""[some other stuff]""and a touch of lime!"

Her face glowed with excitement!

Then I jumped up and down and squealed, "Yay! That's interesting!" and then quickly ran away to the potty.

She's a sweet lady. But she really needs a blog. A place to share the random crap and stuff.

Coming soon: I share another random recipe from the 70's recipe book.

No comments: