Friday, September 23, 2005

Saying my Goodbyes...

"Fair Thee Well...."
So today is my last day of working in the regional center office. I have had such great friends at work here. I am going to miss them so much. We have had so many laughs together and memories that being separated from each other will be the hardest part of all of this consolidation of admin stuff. For me, it takes good time to develop a relationship with someone to actually consider that person a friend, in fact I don't go out of my way to make friends, if they happen, they happen. So to finally relate with a small group of friends individually or together is always something earned over time. Since I don't really have friends outside of work that live nearby who I don't really talk to very often so it's been so good to have them at work. They were one of the main reasons I got up in the morning to come here everyday. Where else can I go to talk with other women about the working mom stress, the funny things husbands do stuff, the emotional "TMI" stuff, the sharing of good recipes and baked goods from home, the housework tips, the funny kids stories, and the good advice from one working mom to another?

It's funny how we've been treating every day this week as if it's our last - going to lunch, eating chocolate, reminiscing, and bringing in treats for each other. I guess reality is really hitting so we're getting our friend fix now before we all go our separate ways. I wish them all the best of luck and plan to keep in touch with them as much as I can to see how they are doing and will be thinking of them through my next endeavor. Thank you ladies for being my good friends! I will miss you greatly, you are one in a million.

No comments: