Monday, September 05, 2005

We're Back!

Well we're back from Goblin Valley. $160 in gas later I was wishing I would have just listened to Charlie and bagged going no matter what my desire was, but what ya gonna do? The prices of gas shouldn't stop me from getting my family out into nature should it? When we got there it was pouring down rain. I was worried that it would be like that the whole time but in the back of my mind I knew it wouldn't. The next morning we awoke and yes, it started to get hot....we ate breakfast, had a messy diaper accident, and then went to the valley of the goblins. Stupid me, after I had my sister go to all the trouble of sending me her back pack carrier to lend to us so that we could pack Savannah around while we explored the rocks, I forgot the dang thing. I had kept it in the motor home from the trip we took a month ago at Palisades, but then Jacob had used it in between and I had forgot to make sure he put it back in. Duh! But all's well that ends well and I'm glad to be back at home. So's Savannah. She really is at the point where she doesn't travel well. We'll have to keep that in mind for any next year's plans. Now that I'm relaxing at home, I have more time to think about work. I've been very apprehensive thinking about all the changes I'm about to face. And because I'll be "alone" without my friends is why it's the scarriest for me. I have been in my job over 5 years on the same team in the same building with the same boss. So yeah, a little anxiety there. I need to just take it one day at a time. I used to be so good at telling that to myself after going through my divorce and quitting the drugs...I guess I kind of gotten out of the habit.

No comments: