Friday, December 30, 2005

Looking back...

Okay, so I've been reading a lot of other blogs today and figure I needed to make an entry myself. I knew it would be slow today, almost half the department took the day off, this afternoon will be even worse. It's only 10:47 and I'm very, very bored. My brother and a lot of other people reading this may say that it's cause I am a state worker, aka cardboard cutout, but it's not usually like this. I know my job title sounds very prestigous and I actually know a lot more than you may think, but since this consolidation the duties are not finalized between everyone yet. So add that to the fact that it's a slow time of the year, I haven't got anything to keep me busy except IM'ing with my sister, blogging, and the food that's leftover from the festivities (I sure don't need more of that). Why didn't I take the day off I tell myself? Cause I'm stupid. I could be at home playing the "chase the naked baby around the house" game right now. (Savannah thinks it's a game to get out of the tub and have me chase her to put her diaper on! She just loves the fact that I need to catch her before she piddles on the floor so it's become a game to her!) I could also be cleaning my house and taking our tree down or watching daytime television. But I chose to come here. I guess with a new boss I've kind of set a standard for myself to not miss any work unless I absolutely needed it. (I really want to be able to say to someone that I have to use or lose my vacation within the next couple of years!)

But enough about that boring stuff! I've got an idea from you fellow blog members to reminisce about the top ten or so things that happened for me and my family in 2005. I think it's a good way to sum up some of life's milestone events. So let's see, in 2005...

1. Savannah turned 1 and accomplished all the normal baby milestones for her age (she still has yet to talk in sentences though...oh and she's back on the binkie for bedtime BTW)
2. Michael turned 16 (still no license, but has brought up his grades for two semesters now! - in case you didn't know that was part of the deal before he can get his license)
3. We got a pet dog
4. We put our lawn and sprinkler system in!
5. I work in a new office
6. No one died in my family this year
7. Michael got his wisdom teeth pulled
8. My little brother had another baby in July
9. Michael worked on a farm for the summer
10. I was awarded 5 years of service through the State of Utah
11. I got my first speeding ticket
12. We refinanced our house

That sums up some things for now. I'm sure I'll think of more as time goes by.

No comments: