Friday, December 02, 2005

Talking about People will eat anything at the Office

This is soooo true. I was visiting Three Blog Night today and read this entry and just realized how much people do eat at the office. And he is right that it's not just regular food, it's the ick food too. Even I am to blame for doing this. Just yesterday I had a coworker offer me some shelled pumpkin seeds that were green and she had so many that they looked she was carrying around a Ziploc bag full of hopps for home brew. So after I told her, "No thanks," she proceeded to talk me into trying some anyway and of course I did. Needless to say they were okay, but in a cow manure tasting kind of way. I think they were supposed to be used for roasting in the oven with a little oil and seasoning salt, but they were raw. I ended up eating half of them while sitting at my computer working away and still have the rest sitting on my desk. I'm sure that as long as they are sitting there I will pick them up in handfuls and finish eating them without even realizing it.

And then you have the office potluck. If people only knew who made what they surely wouldn't try everything. Or is it that they feel obligated to? I took all the stuff from a potluck once just to be nice. I didn't eat most of it after I found out who made what, but they didn't need to know about it. That's why it's good to eat at your desk in private. Knowing what I knew from visiting the ladies restroom at work, you wouldn't have touched that lady's pomegranate salad either!

Quote

People will eat anything at the Office

It never ceases to amaze me the garbage people will eat here at the office. Just the other day we had some extra "blah" tasting corn on the cob. I bring it to work, two hours later...GONE...and this was 12 ears. No small feet for even a big office. But today...today took the cake. A recipe gone bad as far as I was concerned was sitting in my little playmate cooler festering for a few days when I decided,,,,screw it I'm going to see if anybody here will eat this. A Little social experiment so to speak. So I put the suicide supper in the break room freezer with a note sure to tempt people....."Jim's Food". Four hours later....GONE, including the cool whip container it was in (kind of wanted that back). And this stuff was bad, I mean it even looked bad. Imagine something offwhite with ham chucks in it....that's what this was. And I don't even know what that green stuff was. Anyway, I'm watching the bathroom door for any sudden movements.....this could be bad. Stay tuned till next week when I bring a dead animal to work.

Damn, I really miss the cool whip container.

No comments: