Thursday, May 11, 2006

What Color are You?

Today we had a staff/team building meeting. I guess even the managers have seen how dry we all have been since the consolidation, but what do they expect from accountants anyway? Like the joke that asks what accountants use for birth control..."THEIR PERSONALITY!" Yep, we're pretty boring. If you've all seen the movie Office Space, that's us!

So we took the famous color test to find out about each other's personalities. In case none of you have ever taken it, you can do so online for free. It consists of 45 questions that ask you about how you react to things and how you feel most of the time. When you have answered them, you add up the number of each type of answer you entered and it is then coded with a certain color. I think this is my third time taking it and the color is still the same even now. I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing.

It turns out I'm 4 % red, 9% yellow, 24% blue, 62% white:

WHITE - (Motive: PEACE) - These are the peacemakers. Peace, or the absence of conflict, is what motivates and drives these people. They bring great gifts of clarity and tolerance and are generally kind, adaptable, good listeners. They are feel good people and are very accepting and tolerant of others.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I think we whites are the "door mats" of the world. I really need to make some changes...which reminds me about another thing that happened at work today. Our travel coordinator who I provide back up for when she is gone, waited until the last minute today to ask me to cover for her tomorrow. Um, sorry but you really should have checked with me months ago. She seemed flustered when I told her I couldn't but then she's probably come to expect I'll always be available like the 'WHITE" person I am!

Tomorrow I am going to be represented at the IAWP conference I was telling you all about. I'll be glad when it's over and luckily it's the first 15 minutes on the agenda, so piece of cake!

No comments: