Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bad memories made good. It's all in how you look at them.

Been reflecting a lot lately. A lot.

If any of you actually read my blog and know me, you will know that I have a constant battle. I have it in my heart, in my mind, and in my spirit. The battle is with peer pressure, shyness, lack of self esteem, naivety, and not knowing who I am in Christ.

I was reading back today however, and it is amazing that when I read this blog entry from 3 years ago I am ever yet just as grateful for the experience as I was the day I was lifted to salvation! Without it I would not know today who Christ is or how I am loved. And after I read it, I thought, "Has it been really that long since I posted this?" Cause it sure hasn't felt like it!

And if some of you know me, I went back to a lot of my social habits the past few years and have been convicted beyond. I am reminded why too. I was saved once. That is all it takes. Sometimes it just takes a taste of reliving the past in the present to remind you who you want to be. A good quote I keep in the cubicle at work to remind me of the goal of life:

"What we do in the future makes us who we are today."
Dan Clark

No comments: