Thursday, June 18, 2009

Making plans...

Getting excited thinking about making plans...why? I'll tell ya!

1. I'm thinking Disneyland. It's close, it's good for all of us, and they have a Worldmark location there. Sure we paid $1700 for a week's stay with the timeshare experience program and we'll probably not be in the room a lot, but we have it and need to use it! Reservations need to be made by April 2010. Could have saved some on regular lodging, but that is what happens to me at these things. They hype you up at these sales presentations and try and get you while you're "in the mood." Glad that is all we bought. I didn't want to go to the presentation in the first place and at first said now, but gave into the pressure of a friend. I am a glutton and hate saying no to people - but I am getting better at this.

2. We also have a free two night stay for the torture they put us through for the presentation. I think we'll go to St. George for that one. I better call on it soon. I'd like to do this for my birthday in October.

3. We have two Utah Symphony/Utah Opera tickets and dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory that we need to decide what performance to sign up for. These I auctioned off for at a recent silent auction for the local Child Evangelism group. I am pretty proud to have won them and have been wanting to go out to a black tie event for a long time with my hubby. This gives me the excuse to do so and for a good cause! We are thinking the Opera, even if it is all in Italian with English subtitles. I really want to see Carmen, but that one is excluded. Apparently people who are obtaining the tickets off one donation aren't important enough. I'll be happy with whatever though. Sounds like a romantic night! Anyone have any suggestions on what Opera we should sign up for?

1 comment:

Rambling Rita said...

Well it looks like a lot of fun things are being planned! I am glad for you. We don't talk enough to even know what is going on most of the time. I know we have been gone a lot. We need to keep up on the news.