Monday, October 02, 2006

Oh Baby!

Then & Now: 1973 & 2006 Baby Alive

Is it really so wrong to live your childhood through your kids?

I remember wanting a Baby Alive for Christmas one year, so bad I can still taste it. But when I didn't get one, I stopped believing in Santa and never really asked for anything specific again.

So we were starting some early Christmas shopping the other night when my eyes came across the new box. My mouth dropped in awe from being so excited that Charlie said I had to get it for Savannah. That's how much of an impression I made on him I guess. The doll is for ages 3 and up and by Christmas time Savannah will be almost 3. So it's not too far out of her league, right? Besides she really liked it from the aisle to the Layaway department, but most of all I'm so happy to found it! I always wondered when they were going to bring her back! See this link.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never had the baby alive, I had the Baby that a way , the one that crawled! I love it! tell the neighbor broke it :-(

but I think there is nothing wrong with getting for your kids the things you wanted and never had :-) I know I'm guilty of it sometimes!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember Baby Alive! I didn't have one but my friend did. Woo hoo congrats on your weight loss! That is just awesome! Keep enjoying those baby stages. I'll check back soon:) Oh, also thanks so much for sticking with me. I know my site hasn't been much fun lately but I guess life isn't always. Anyway, I am feeling much better and I am so glad I had you guys to talk to. Thanks~Missy

Becca said...

What about the cabbage patch dolls? :-) They were big when I was a kid and now they are back again!

Becca

meg said...

Baby Alive was a little after my time, but if they ever come back with Crissy (her hair grows!) or Dancerina, I'll sooo be there!