Thursday, June 23, 2005

Getting ready

The only thing I hate more than getting ready for camping is getting home and unpacking. It's hard sometimes to even think about planning a camping trip because before you can actually enjoy yourself there is a lot of work to do. While your there, life is fine...unless of course you can't stand to live without the TV, computer, and the air conditioning. But the getting to and coming from part is the part I hate the most.

I need to block all that out and just think about Savannah playing in the pool. I can't wait to see her reaction and it will be exciting for her as well. I'm sure she won't want to get out of the water! I hope in many ways it will be a warm weekend so she doesn't get too cold. We bought her a little baby tube that she sits in and floats around. I wonder if she'll like it. When I think back, Jacob as a baby was petrified of his, so it will be neat to see the difference in kids.

Thinking about that makes me wish Michael and Jacob were still little too. Time has to fly by like there is no tomorrow and it seems your life is eventually left with less new experiences as it goes by. It would have been fun to watch them grow up through the years and share their experiences with someone who was a real dad like Charlie is now. If only we would have met sooner...

No comments: