Thursday, June 30, 2005

Sod or Seed? How about both?

Well it's done! The sprinkler system is all buried and ready to go.
(Pat Charlie and the boys on the back for that one.) The only thing left
to do is to mount the timer in the garage, till the soil, level the
ground, and plant. We have three options. Sod, hand seed, or
hydroseed. We decided we are going to sod the front half of the lawn
and hydroseed the back. Because I've read that seed won't take in the
summer and it's a long process to wait for, we are going to do both.
Okay, I'll be honest. It's cause we want at least some lawn NOW! We
will probably be ordering the sod in another week or so. I've laid sod
before, but that was some time ago. Now it will probably kill me, but
I'm excited to get it!!!! Yay! That means we will all be able to play
on the "front lawn" in the near near future! Can you believe it?


It only seems like we just bought the house, but it will actually be
two years this September. I was pregnant when we moved in and we knew
we wanted the lawn, but we opted for a central air unit instead since
the baby wasn't here yet anyway and I'm sorry, but after buying a house
you are dead broke! Needless to say we didn't want to finish the summer
that year without an AC unit. We were supposed to have the lawn in last
summer, but other things took priority (Like my working part time to
take care of Savannah). Besides, we thought what will the city do? Kick
us out? Fine us? They didn't even say anything. So now we await the
next chapter of "the becoming of our lawn" phase in our life...

No comments: