Monday, July 11, 2005

Finally!

Wah hoo! We have a front yard! So our back yard didn't get hydroseeded yet. The guy flaked out on us three times for coming to get it done, so hopefully there will be no futher problems and I will be able to have pics of all yards. Our sod is checkerboard right now, but it's really green and plush. It's weird. As we're driving up the road, we usually look for the house with no lawn to identify when to slow down. Now there aren't any! What's also weird is looking outside at it through the inside window. I mean we haven't had grass for almost two years now. For a moment it almost feels as if we are in the wrong house...

I think after this is all said and done we shouldn't start any more major projects for a while. It seems to be wearing on married and family life with all the stress of spending and hustle and bustle of working on it here and there. I can't say as if I've done anything as far as the physical side or the brains of the work, but I have tried to support Charlie the best I could. I guess that's why I don't feel very excited to want to make any more decisions for a while like on landscaping. It's as if I'm burned out, I wonder if he realizes that he probably is too? Probably not though. He is more the type of person that likes to have things going on, and I tend to be the one that gets stressed out, so I should speak for myself, but come on, the guy is in school full time, working full time, and is a dad? Need I say more? It's been three months and we are finally at a point of being done! (With the grass part that is.) All we have left to do is plant trees, landscape, and put a fence up. I guess I know this will take some time and some more major money, so I don't mind if we take a break for now.

It's funny, Charlie still hasn't figured me out after all this time. He got all worried thinking I wasn't excited to have the sod in, but my personality isn't an expressionable one like his. He shows his emotions on the outside more than he knows. I simply just take it all in and quietly gloat in excitement like a little kid does on Christmas morning trying not to wake mom and dad. So yeah, he doesn't see me when I look outside before bedtime to make sure it's still ours. He doesn't see me take it in with the little picture from camera in my head. He does see me write about it in my blog, which is another way I show my emotions. Through writing. So yes, I am excited and thank you Dear, for all your hard work. I love you for it.

No comments: