Thursday, July 14, 2005

A day in the life... or two.

You working moms, or dads for that matter, can relate to this one. Sometimes I wonder why I fill in my breaks at work to blog, but really, there isn't time for me to take at home to do it and I'm not using my sleep time. Heck, I can't even be at the computer for two minutes to check my bank account without Savannah crawling up my legs. So I've been thinking, it sure feels like my life is full. Full of errands, full of appointments, full of all kinds of tasks. Tasks that can't be done at work. Let's just take a look at the last couple of days...

Tuesday:
5:30 a.m. Wake up, get ready for work.
6:10 a.m. Take Michael's friend home on way to work.
7:00 a.m. Stop at Walmart for diapers (I noticed Savannah was almost out last night) and birthday gift for a relative's party on Friday.
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Not too busy day at work. Decided to just let Michael stay with me until he had to go to work since we were running late (Michael has work from 9 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. at the building next to me. During the morning while working I usually call Jacob to make sure he does his chores, ask him to take something out for dinner after I have decided what we're having and to check up on Savannah before he takes her to the sitters. I usually always check our bank account online first thing too, making sure there aren't any weird things happening. 4:30 - 5:45 p.m. commute home.
5:45 p.m. Greet Savannah with hugs and kisses, ask Jake how his day was.
6:00 p.m. Take laundry downstairs and say hi to hubby as he is working on homework. 6:05 p.m. Make dinner.
6:45 p.m. Serve dinner. We decided to eat in the downstairs family room so we could watch the last movie we rented, Coach Carter, while we ate. It was pretty good. During the movie I get up and down several times to check on Savannah as she goes from terrorizing one room to the next.
8:45 p.m. the movie ends. We all take our dishes up to the kitchen and go out back to watch the new sprinkler system in action.
9:00 p.m. I quickly do the dishes and clean up in a hurry to get Savannah off to bed.
9:30 p.m. I rock Savannah for a few minutes and lay her down. At last, she is in bed! Time for myself? Hah!
10:00 p.m. I sit on the bed for about 20 mins and watch Everybody Loves Raymond and wait for hubby to come to bed.
10:30 p.m. I pretty much pass out.

Wednesday
6:00 a.m. Wake up.
6:45 a.m. Leave for morning commute. Stopped and got the dirty car washed, it needed it bad! 7:30 - 4:30 p.m. Busy day at work today. During work, I called doctor in the morning while at work about my test results. Canceled Savannah's portrait appt, decided to take her to a new place. Entered some stuff on my online account register.
4:30 - 5:15 p.m. Commute home.
5:15 p.m. Savannah and Jake hello and of course Savannah always asks for a treat the minute I walk in the door, kind of like a dog. LOL
5:30 p.m. Finish up the checkbook assigning categories and fixing amounts so it's all current and up to dat.
5:50 p.m. Make dinner.
6:15 p.m. While dinner was cooking I actually sat down and drank a half of beer and watched Jacob blow bubbles for Savannah.
6:40 p.m. Hubby came home, we all visited for a few minutes in the front room before dinner. 6:55 p.m. Ate dinner. Had Jacob do the dishes. :)
7:20 p.m. Took laundry down and sorted, started a load of dark colors. (Savannah even helps me do this, it is so cute!)
7:25 p.m. Savannah was a mess from head to toe, so I gave her a bath and got her ready for bed.
8:00 p.m. Put the clothes in the dryer and another load of dark colors in. Folded clothes that were in the dryer from the day before and put them away. Anyway, you get the picture. Yada yada yada yada...and to start out today I already stopped by the video store on my way to work to drop off the movies, and am now trying to decide what to have for dinner so that when I call him in the next few minutes I know what to ask him to take out.

Long story long, that's a day or two in the life of a working mom.

No comments: