Sunday, July 24, 2005

Pioneer Day

So I didn't think we were going to do anything to celebrate Pioneer Day, a Utah State holiday.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_Day Turns out we went to mom's and had a BBQ with my two brothers and their families. It was fun even though it rained a little. We did some fireworks and had a few laughs watching MattiJo and Savannah playing together. The both do the silliest things. I don't know if you really could say we celebrated the holiday itself, I mean we didn't dress up like pioneers or go to a parade or anything. I think having the day off of work was celebration in of itself even if the LDS pioneers had to walk and walk and walk and walk to settle here and that is what we're really supposed to be remembering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_Day
I know there are those of you that don't get state holidays off, such as the mail men and yes, you Charlie. I may be a cardboard cut out, but hey I still work my "A" off on the days that aren't holidays. (Yes I'm referring that statement to you dear and to my brother, Marty who always make fun of government workers. Very funny.) For my actual day off, it was great! I was able to sleep in, or at least until the cats were scratching at my door and making all kinds of noise. I took my time putting clothes away, mopping and vacuuming the floor, took Jake school shopping, cleaned my sliding glass door, and watered and groomed my plants. (Which I might add I don't do as often as I used to hence why it was such a big deal to do in the first place.) Savannah and I blew bubbles outside and she chased them on our new grass (yay!). Of course my hubster was at work and school all day stuck without a phone so I didn't get to talk to him much :( but that makes me look all the more forward to seeing him when he gets home tonight. All in all it was relaxing and I got a little bit of chores done at my own pace without pressure, now if only I could have a day off during the week every week without having to make up the extra time for the paycheck, I'd be there in a second! Who wouldn't?

No comments: