Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Is it just me?

Or do you other mothers out there get sappy the most when your kids are in bed? I sometimes come home from work at night with my mind preoccupied with things that either went on during the day or elsewhere and don't really relax and enjoy the time left with the kids until they are finally all to bed and everything's out of my system. By that time they are asleep and that is when I really, really want to cuddle with them but can't and get really sad as if I was away from them for a really long time.

Also, do you ever find that sometimes when you are away from your kids (or not) you notice that they've grown up since the last time you saw them. Like last night, there just seemed to be something different about Savannah, I'm not sure what, but something was. Or recently I look at Jacob and all of a sudden he's taller than me! And Michael has whiskers like Shaggy from Scooby Doo...where does time fly and why can't we put our kids on pause so that we can see every passing moment without it passing first!?!?!?!?

No comments: