Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Wow, just remembered something!

After reading Chrissy's blog today about "Doll Maker", she reminded me of a childhood toy I had from when I was 10 or so...Fashion Plates! Remember these? Of course today's version is all electronic, but I remember spending hours and hours mixing and matching and then coloring to make the perfect wardrobe!

It was one of my best birthday gifts...don't remember which birthday it was, but it will always be one I don't forget. You see, my mom had made a treasure hunt for my gifts when I got home from school. It was so exciting to read her poems to get the clue and then find the next gift. I remember they were mostly centered around art, so Fashion Plates and the Spirograph were sure hits, along with markers and colored pencils. I've always loved drawing as a kid, so she knew what to get me. Those were some of my favorite gifts. Wish I still had those plates though, they could be worth something now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember those LOL

I always wanted the spiralgraph thing!
the fashion plates where not as big a deal LOL they were to girly for me LOL