Monday, February 20, 2006

Poor little Boo

Here I am, day off of work for President's Day enjoying pretending I'm a regular stay at home mom and what happens? Savannah gets hurt. I would think this stuff would happen to her when she's not in my care, but it turns out I'm not the world's best mother after all. Even though she runs around the house barefoot at home everyday, this didn't happen until today. Our future bathroom that is currently used as our "tool room" has all our storage for supplies to work on the basement including tools, lumber, wires, paint, you name it and she snuck by me and went in there to retrieve a toy of hers that she could see hidden away in the back. I guess a light fixture had dropped and broke a while back and not all the glass was swept away. Poor girl, now she has a piece of glass in her foot that I can't get out and will have to take her to the doctor in the morning since it happened just as her pediatrician's office was closing. I had to keep her from walking on it all night in order to keep whatever's in there from going any deeper so needless to say she and I watched a lot of Elmo, played with Legos, and read a lot of books to keep preoccupied.

I think it's past time to nail something temporary up until we can sheetrock to keep her out of there for good. This isn't the first time she's gone back there, but usually to play with stuff she wasn't supposed to. So I'm glad all that happened was a sliver in her foot. I've heard so many horror stories on the news lately of kids dying from TV's falling on them or chest of drawers that anything could have happened. We parents just don't have enough eyes in the back of our heads, even though I'd like to think I do. My own fault though, our basement isn't exactly baby proof or toddler proof either, not for now. I will be so glad when our basement has walls!

No comments: