Wednesday, February 15, 2006

"Boppa"

So the other day I was showing Savannah the pictures hung above at the end of the hallway that she is too short to see. She often asks me to lift her up so she can look at the myriad I put together of our family during 2003-2004 and points out where the baby is. One of the pictures is of my dad holding her when she was a newborn, the only we have of him with her. When I was asking her who everyone was she would point out "Kiki" for Muffers, "Bye-dup" for Michael and Jacob, "Dada" for Daddy, "Beebee" for herself, and then she pointed at my dad and said, "Boppa." I was so washed over with amazement that I tried to get her to say it again. She didn't, but somehow I believed she knew his name by herself. Either that or maybe we just talk about him so much or have shown her that picture so much and telling her that it is "Grandpa" to her that she just knows it. But I like to believe that she remembers him or knew him in some other way we can't comprehend.

No comments: