Thursday, August 10, 2006

So you say it's your birthday!

So it's my biggest brother John's birthday today. He was my Sesame Street watching pal growing up. I remember all his cool Fisher Price toys, his Lite Brite, and watching Flinstones with him after school. John remembers about every day in the calendar after he writes it down. You could ask him what year did we go to Yellowstone last and who was there and what did we eat and what date it was and he would know just about every little detail. And I mean everything! In some senses he's like a boy still, I don't know if he is part Autistic or what, but if you knew him, you'd agree that he's always good ole' John. He used to get made fun of on the bus going to elementary school and my sister yelled at all the kids for it. Even though he's had mental problems his whole life, he's still always so thoughtful and childlike that sometimes I envy his innocense.

Happy Birthday John!

No comments: