Sunday, August 06, 2006

Celebrating

Yep, pretty much didn't follow my diet this weekend. Weekends are always the hardest, especially with stuff to do. Why I didn't remember that there was salad on the menu at the taco joint we stopped at? I don't know. Why did I revert back to my old habit and just quickly order off the combo menu without thinking about it? And then today, after my nephew's Christening there was food. I knew there would be lots of the wrong kind of food there - the kind I like two and three helpings of if I could, but I also ate the right stuff too - the fruit, the salad, the carrot sticks, the stuff I never used to bother with. In order for me to not beat myself up about it, I compare what I do now to what I did 7 weeks ago. At least this way I filled on both. Two days won't wreck what I've done so far, I know, but weekends are definitely an obstacle I need to get control over.

Now that I've vented about that, you should have seen my my cute baby nephew, Cash, Marty, my brother, and his wife, Cherise. Cash had such a hard time to start with, he's such a little miracle. It's pretty cool, we needed another Carrillo boy to carry on the name.

Oh, and happy birthday tomorrow Marty! How's it feel to be over the 35 hump? Don't worry, I'll be there soon myself...

No comments: