Monday, February 09, 2009

Monday Gripe Session

I am officially tired of winter now. I admit I enveloped myself in it when it began, but I'm pretty sure that was mostly due to my Christmas spirit. I am grateful for the moisture, we are truly blessed, so don't get me wrong. I'm just tired of being cold! I'm just feeling done. I don't know, maybe I am just feeling this way cause 5 in the morning comes awful early to be forced out of bed. Poor me, I have to go to work. The only benefit to driving in the snow is that it makes me a bit late, but if it were up to me I'd ultimately rather be in bed under my warm comfy blankies and not come in until I'm good and ready.

Meanwhile my boss is in sunny Mexico, another coworker of mine just came back from Hawaii. I don't think I could type fast enough to warm up. Not even standing by the copy machine helps. Why have I let myself be content with working, staying home, and small travel all these years? Not that our finances are out of control, we just have enjoyed adding upgrades to our house and buying a few things on loans and have added up all too fast. Our goal is to be debt free except our house within the next 5 years. In the meantime we will have to save and pay cash for anything we want to buy that isn't absolutely needed. We are taking the Financial Peace course by Dave Ramsey at our church and I look forward to it. While a lot of it we already know to do and have started, I think it will help (at least for me) to have that 3rd party accountability with networking discussions and sharing success through best practices. Kind of reminds me of being back in Weight Watchers...well sort of.

Ahhh someday we will be basking in the sun for two weeks while work stays behind right where it should be.

No comments: