Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Weekend and Work

The long weekend was great and it was nice that we all had the holiday off together, even if we did spend the majority of it apart. Jake working on getting his car ready for registration, Savannah and I both not feeling well and taking care of a couple of dogs, and my husband tending to the many activities committed to his online game. I was ultimately lazy and I think for good reason. Savannah came down with a 102 temperature and then I myself started to not feel well. I think that explains the lack of energy I had to do my housework as I normally do. Although not sick as she was, I it really reminds me of how old I am. It was nice to have my mom's dog, Bella, always by our side though. She made both Savannah and I feel better.

We went out Saturday night for Valentine's Day with my sister and her husband at the Spaghetti Factory and then to a 3D movie at the Planetarium - we had a lot of fun catching up and visiting. We were invited to go to Vegas for my sister's wedding vow renewal, and it's a good thing we didn't go with Savannah being so sick. The main reason we decided not to go was that we didn't want to spend the money without knowing where Charlie's job will be. We'd also like to stick to our plan of getting out of debt regardless if we sell our house or not. We've had a plan thus far, but to help out, me especially, I wanted to take the Financial Peace class taught by Dave Ramsey after church on Sundays to help us stay in gear with keeping on top of our spending and hopefully have our plan of getting out of debt happen a little faster. I know we're on the right track but think it will be good to use as a tool to help us keep mindful as well as encourage me how to budget better.

It's not Monday but feels like one. Why is it so hard to come into work? Why do I have to talk myself into getting out of bed but find I'm better at talking myself out of not getting out justifying it with many good reasons?

This isn't a hard question. I would much rather not have to wake up my daughter and force her out in the cold. It's hard enough to get my butt out of bed, but to have to make her get up and to have her cry like she did this morning is worse. Day in and day out you'd think I'd be used to this stuff. I did it with the boys too. But I am getting to the point where I can't take it anymore. I really struggle with this and am not sure what to do with myself. Right now I am wishing that it was me who was were with her and getting her her breakfast and helping her to get ready for preschool, not her babysitter.

While I've not been fully happy working the last few years, the feelings from being a working mom has really gotten to me the last four months. Why is this? Is it because Savannah is 5 and will be starting Kindergarten and I am just now realizing the small amount of time I have left of her childhood? I don't know, all I know is that it is really interfering with my life in so many ways that I don't even vocalize it cause I have just accepted that I am a working mom. Period.

I just have to take this one day at a time. *sigh*

No comments: